SCCM Office 2010 Deployment - "already compliant"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am deploying Office 2010 successfully to a group of machines on our network. It looks like there are machines that state "already compliant" even though the install definetely has not gone through. I checked some of the logs no record. Also reinstalled the sccm agent.

In Software Centre - Installed Software - under Size 0 it states "Less than 1 MB". Going around in cycles here.

Any ideas?

SCCM - 2012 R2 / Windows 7 Ent / Office 2010 Pro Plus

Thanks

Friday, September 19, 2014 1:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using application or package? If application, check your detection method.
    Friday, September 19, 2014 1:57 PM
  • What's your method of detection?

Also 'Size less than 1 MB' is a known bug. This has recently been raised as a bug at Microsoft Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/feedbackdetail/view/973329 if you have access to the programme) by Benoit Lecours

Cheers

Paul | sccmentor.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:22 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 1:57 PM
  • You need to check the detection method rules on deployment type application.
    Friday, September 19, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Hi Paul, i dont have access to that info. Any idea how i get that it? CHeers

Its Application deployment

Friday, September 19, 2014 4:07 PM
  • To access a Microsoft Connect link, you first have to log to Connect and find the Configuration Manager group. (use the "Browse all products" link)

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Once connected, you'll be able to access the link that Paul has posted.

Up-vote it to give it visibility.

Benoit Lecours | Blog: System Center Dudes

Friday, September 19, 2014 4:55 PM
  • For the already compliant: check the detection method of your deployment type, if the detection returns success and your application isn't installed, change the method to something that you know for sure indicates succesful installation.
    Friday, September 19, 2014 5:17 PM

To check the detection method. Select the application and then choose the Deployment Types tab at the bottom of the console.

Double click the Windows Installer msi deployment that appears. Then select the Detection Method tab. This will show you the detection method being used. 

Cheers

Friday, September 19, 2014 9:18 PM

To check the detection method. Select the application and then choose the Deployment Types tab at the bottom of the console.

Double click the Windows Installer msi deployment that appears. Then select the Detection Method tab. This will show you the detection method being used. 

Cheers

Hi Paul, sorry for the late reply. the deployment type is registry:

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}

I have checked the compliant list and its strange, some are compliant and some are not. I have removed the above, and set the detection to File System:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Excel.exe

Do i need to redeploy the software?

Cheers

• Edited by The Futurist Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:56 PM
  • You can wait for the rescan to happen or you can for it using the "Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle" action.

I suggest to use the Office MSI in your detection methods instead of the Exe, much more reliable.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2011/08/13/deploying-office-2010-with-configuration-manager-2012-beta-2.aspx

See the "Add a new detection rule" section

Benoit Lecours | Blog: System Center Dudes

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:01 PM
  • You said that some of the clients say it's already compliant, are some of those 32-bit clients and some 64-bit clients? The results are different depending on the bitness? If so, check the detection method checkbox for "This file is associated with 32-bit application in 64-bit operating system".... And use %ProgramFiles% -variable in your filepath.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:03 PM