Blank Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 7 on my laptop.

I recently had connected my computer to my televsion in the attempts to try to have multiple, or an extend my desktop. The problem is that it was not working. I tried to change the display settings and nothing. But while in the attempts of extending or having a duplicate desktop image in my television i had made my laptop screen black. It seems to me as if i have made my televsion my main monitor, but I cannot view anything on my laptop nor my television. I hear sound coming out of my laptop but no image. As well I can enter safe mode and view my desktop then. I have tried to revert the changes in making my laptop the main monitor but nothin occurs when i return the computer to its regular settings.

Is there another mode in which i can enter to reset my display settings where my laptop is the main monitor?

Friday, November 12, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go to Safe Mode->uninstall the display card driver->Reboot your computer normally->Install the driver.

When you complete the installation, You can try the Win+P on keyboard to show the configuration window to set the multiple display.

I also suggest you to install the latest display card driver. If your issue still can't be solved, please tell me What kind of display card did you use?

About how to set your laptop to main monitor, you can refer to http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10388-display-change-main-display.html

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:43 AM