none
HP ZBook Keyboard pressing additional keys if two or more of specific sets of keys pressed. RRS feed

• Question

• This is an odd issue that I have not found anyone else having. I am not sure as to the cause of it. 

Basically, when I press certain pairs of keys, the computer acts as though another key is being pressed as well. 
    Some examples:
    q+s: qws
    w+d: wed
    r+y: ryu
    k+u: kui
    l+i: lio

There are others, as well as ones with 3 keys triggering a fourth. They follow no general pattern (although wd, qs, ku, and li are the same pattern on the keyboard, that pattern doesn't cause a similar response on other keys, like ef, rg, th, yj, etc.)

This problem has persisted as long as I have had this laptop. I got it used on Amazon. It said that, in terms of condition, it just had a few minor scratches and such, which is accurate. 

This occurs every time the keys are pressed at the same time (in fact, while typing this, I was constantly having to correct typos such as "everyu", "lioke",  and "whiole".)
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the Display Language of your Windows?
    What is your keyboard layout (German,  Spanish and so on)?
    What is your application when you press certain pair of keys (e.g. [q]+[s], [w]+[d] and so on)?

In general, we cannot press such combination of key as [q]+[s] at the same time.
    Or I misunderstand what you mentioned... Do you press [q] and then press [s], i.e. not at one time.
    Please explain.

And I hope you will check your keyboard using HP utility. HP provides hardware checking/diagnostics tool.
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

Regards, 

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:52 AM