none
Task Updates in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on Project Server 2013.

I have more than 70 projects in server, Team members use "Tasks" option to update their tasks(No Timesheet).

Instead of "Hours of work done per period", team members use "% complete" option to update their tasks.

Is that possible to enable these two options for different projects? i.e. For few projects I need team members to update their tasks using "Hours of work done per period" and for few the other option "% complete"

K.Gokulraj

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

yes, that is possible - but need some discipline and attention of especially PMs.

In Server Settings - Task Settings and Display, deactivate "Force project managers to use the progress reporting method specified above for all projects." After disabling, PMs can select their tracking method in client - File - Info - Tracking method. They need to change and publish aufterwards. Keep in mind, that you will get different level of data quality in reporting wehn doing so.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by K.Gokulraj Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi K.Gokulraj,

This is set in the PWA settings.  In Task Settings and Display, choose free form the the team members can choose, or optionally, choose your default and then uncheck the "Force PMs to..." button, and get PMs to choose the Tracking method when they publish the project using MS project.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

yes, that is possible - but need some discipline and attention of especially PMs.

In Server Settings - Task Settings and Display, deactivate "Force project managers to use the progress reporting method specified above for all projects." After disabling, PMs can select their tracking method in client - File - Info - Tracking method. They need to change and publish aufterwards. Keep in mind, that you will get different level of data quality in reporting wehn doing so.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by K.Gokulraj Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:30 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for you reply.

K.Gokulraj

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:33 AM