none
Adjusting Actuals RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We currently have actuals locked down so that they can only be updated by a resource through PWA.      We have a resource who erroneously added hours incorrectly and then left the account/company.    How can I correct these hours in PWA and still keep the project schedule in Sync (and also have the hours appear correctly in reports)? 

Can someone please point me to the process that accommodates this need while actuals are locked?

Thank you!

Randy  

Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:20 PM

All replies

• There are multiple ways choice is yours,

1. Open Server settings, Tasks settings and display, clear the check box "Only allow task updates via Tasks and Timesheets" and suggest the PM to adjust the actual in Project plan, save & Publish

2. By default, administrators have "Adjust Timesheet" permission, request them to adjust it if the resource submitted the actual through TS.

3. Delegate that user account and recall the timesheet and adjust it.

Note: its not possible to do if the account is in inactive state.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Friday, February 13, 2015 1:19 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.....   Ideally, I would like to use the "Delegate" function....     But while he is still active in MSPS, his NT account has been disabled.    I've assigned myself as a delegate, however, the application will not allow me to get to his timesheet.   Is this because his NT account is no longer active?  
    Friday, February 13, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Randy --

Pardon me for bumping into this thread.  Yes, the reason you cannot get to the timesheet for the user in question through delegation is because the NT user account for that user is inactive.  Have you tried using the Adjust Timesheet functionality that Sriram suggested instead?  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, February 13, 2015 6:31 PM