UAG and SharePoint File Download issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have UAG 2010 sp1 installed and working fine. I have published SharePoint 2007 (Kerberos enabled) though a trunk and it works perfectly with one issue.

External partners that access a document directly have an issue downloading the files.

Issue is as follows:

SharePoint document link emailed to partner, partner clicks on the link and is prompted to logon, Partner logs on correctly and is directed to the Internet explorer information bar asking if they want to download the file. If they click on Download file they get the error below:

Logon error

The logon process cannot be completed. The page was accessed from an unauthorized URL

There are 2 work around for this issue that I have found but they involve changing local IE settings.

In IE change the site to Intranet or Trusted and customise the site to  enable automatic prompting for file downloads. This stops the information bar appearing and the file can be opened or downloaded without issue.

Authenticate to the site first and then click on the link

Certified endpoints are disabled.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this issue without changing client workstations or getting users to logon first that would be great.

Ciaran

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Adding the SharePoint URL to the trusted sites list is the right approach to this. UAG does not have a mechanism to do this automatically, I'm afraid, but you should instruct all your users to do so.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:22 PM