customize Webpart onmoving image location RRS feed

• Question

• I have a series of zones running down my webpage and I am having an issue with the display when moving webparts from one zone to another.

When I have to scroll down to one of the lower zones and click on a webpart to move it, the "ghost" image that appears to represent the webpart as the user moves it appears back up at the top of the page instead of beside the pointer.

Is there a way to configure this image to appear always beside the pointer or something? 

Thanks

Jason

Jason

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:51 PM

Answers

• Found the answer... the webpart zones were inside a div with an absolute position.  This was causing the temp image to reposition away from the pointer... once I removed the absolute it was working fine.

Jason

• Marked as answer by Jason_123 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:42 PM

All replies

• Can you please explain more about your problem?

Thanks, Amit Kumar, LinkedIn Profile ** My Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013 10:43 AM
  • Sure,

I have a page with 4 webpart zones running down the page.

ZONE1
    ZONE2
    ZONE3
    ZONE4

when I click on a webpart within zone1 or 2 to move it, a semi-transparent image of that webpart appears beside the mouse pointer and follows the cursor as I move the part to a new zone.

The problem is zone 3 and 4 are lower on the page so the user has to scroll down to see the zone.  When the page is scrolled down and you click on the webpart to begin moving it, that same image no longer appears beside the point... it appears near the top of the page, and causes confusion about what needs to be moved.

I need to know how to customize the position of this image on click or remove it completely.

thanks

Jason 

Jason

Friday, April 19, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Found the answer... the webpart zones were inside a div with an absolute position.  This was causing the temp image to reposition away from the pointer... once I removed the absolute it was working fine.

Jason

• Marked as answer by Jason_123 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:42 PM