Can IP phones login through Skype for business edge ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I know that Normal IP phone can login directly connecting to front-end pool , but is that possible with edge server ,so in case I have a site with IP phones and no VPN site-to-site can IP phones connect using skype edge ?

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to this article:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lyncserver/lync-server-2013-topologies-for-ip-phones

In my understanding, Lync Phone Edition requires a number of DHCP options to allow the phones to “find their way home” to the pool and sign in.

The Options required are:

• Option 42: NTP Server
    • Option 43: Certificate Service Provisioning URL
    • Option 120: SIP Server

If your device is external,  make sure these options point to the correct services.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:08 AM