none
Domain migrated SQL Server can't be protected by DPM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a server that was migrated to a new domain and when I try to setup protection with DPM 2012 R2 I get as far as Select group members and expand the Server and the SQL instance is not showing up.  

I uninstall the old DPM agent on the server and reinstall the new agent pointed to this DPM server and no joy.  I have done the uninstall and reinstall of the agent multiple times, thrown in reboot etc, still no joy.  

Our DBA says the SQL instance is running fine in the new domain and the users can access it, but DPM doesn't see it.  VSSAdmin is clean on both the DPM server and the protected server, all services are running on both.  

It was backed up by the same DPM server when in the old domain and the old protect group was disabled.  I am at a loss and need to get this puppy backed up.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:19 PM

Answers

• Ok, the issue finally resolved itself.  So we are good and I am creating the protection group now.  I am not sure why it wouldn't show sooner, it may have had to do with the agent re-installs or possibly the fact that I reached out to the community and DPM decided I should have egg on my face.  I actually don't care, because I can not get the monster backed up. 
    • Marked as answer by JeffBDoty Monday, June 19, 2017 4:36 PM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 4:36 PM