Remove Games from system32 folder RRS feed

• Question

• With the forefront client running in managed mode, how can I delete the sol.exe or spider.exe from the system32 folder on a client machine without having to program in any exclusions in the server. Every time we delete the files on the desktop they magically return. Even when we use a local admin account or a domain admin account.

We need some kind of off switch for the real-time protection just long enough to delete the file(s) or any of the real-time protected areas and then flip it back on without forefront restoring the previous settings.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• Solved: Inside the system32 folder is another folder called dllcache delete the SOL.EXE file from their before deleting the SOL.EXE from the system32 folder.

PS. The computer will bark at you about the change but it seems to be okay. Game is gone and does not return.
    Any comments?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:10 PM

All replies

• Solved: Inside the system32 folder is another folder called dllcache delete the SOL.EXE file from their before deleting the SOL.EXE from the system32 folder.

PS. The computer will bark at you about the change but it seems to be okay. Game is gone and does not return.
    Any comments?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:10 PM
  • I've tried doing this.  I can successfully delete the files from the dllcache (the computer doesn't bark at me), but then when I go into the system32 folder, the files reappear two or three seconds after deleting them.  Is there no hope?
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 8:16 PM