On Premises PSTN Connectivity Options for Cloud PBX RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find some information concerning on premises PSTN connectivity for SfB, specifically for Cloud PBX.

I know that connectivity can be provided in a number of ways but I am having a difficult time finding specifics on what device(s) I can use.  I can also find little information of what connections from the Telco can be used.  For example, if you have a small company with a couple of regular phone lines, can those lines be used to provide PSTN connectivity for a Cloud PBX?  If yes, what device(s) can be used to provide the gateway services?  Same for T1 lines.  Any other options available?

Thanks

Bert

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:22 PM

All replies

• If you have on prem sfB then you can do this over hybrid voice

if you don't then you need Cloud Connector Edition. CCE is a bunch of VMs that sit on a dedicated Hyper-V server (no vmware), and has some hardware requirements.

Start here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt605227.aspx

The CCE still needs a PBX or SBC to connect to local PSTN connectivity. The limitations on connectivity type is therefore between the SBC you use and the ITSP supplying you the service. This gives you flexibility.

Note: analog devices not supported for Cloud PBX or interop with extension dialling at this time

For SBCs look at Audiocodes and Sonus, but any supported SfB SBC will be fine.

For CCE Sonus and Audiocodes have built-in solutions so you can get gateway and CCE in a 1U unit

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:53 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

I know the SfB side, both on premises and cloud based, including the CCE option.  I am just having a hard time finding detained information about the SfB/PSTN interface.  What is or is not permissible and what equipment options are available.

I am most likely going to be working with smaller companies so I doubt I will see any serious PSTN connections for a while.  That's why I asked about the analog telephone connections.  If they are already in place, can they be used by Cloud PBX for PSTN connectivity?  Are there any internet based options available for mom&pop operations?

Bert

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:18 PM