AD RMS Management Pack for SCOM 2007 R2 Available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

is there any management pack for AD RMS 2008 R2 available for SCOM 2007 R2.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• I read in another post frm Dan http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagermgmtpacks/thread/9c28d60c-4b88-4938-9998-15ee8e46e41e that this mp is severly delayed. actually significantly is the word he used. Could be summer 2011. Bit strange that it is that late.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, May 6, 2011 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Thanks Bob.  An update - there is no reliable target in my radar.  The AD team is focused on an unnamed, vastly rumored future version of a product that we cannot talk about in any predictive sense at this time, and all progress on the current MP is gated by a timeline that I am not allowed to even acknowledge exists.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, May 6, 2011 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:20 PM
  • LOL very nicely stated Dan. Now when are you going to build it for us in a rainy weekend? Just kidding mate.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:24 PM
  • thanks guys, i am desperately waiting for this MP... 

Thanks Once Again

Owais

Sunday, May 8, 2011 4:17 PM
  • haha, what the heck?

I can only hope this translates to "SCOM v.next will ship with all brand new, exciting, super duper, working MP's for Windows core components" 

but apparently Dan can't talk about fight club, so it's just a waiting game.

(though for some reason I thought RMS was moved to the Forefront team, and thus no longer sitting with the AD team.  I am probably wrong)

BTW, had never seen Bobs blog (http://www.bictt.com/blogs/bictt.php)   excellent stuff there.

Monday, May 9, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Grin, well Dont expect this mp to be part of the vnext release. We are still hoping that the RMS mp will be released before that date by the way. In that case it will work and run on the vnext scom version as well. I'm afraid it is just waiting for it. Or create a basic mp ourself from the community :-) And thanks about your remark! Havent had too much time to blog lately (partly because spending time over here at the forums), but will come up with some stuff again soon.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:05 PM