none
Configure Network Level Authentication for Remote Desktop Services Connections - RDP from Windows XP to Windows 8 VM - Package to change registry settings

Question

• Here's the scinario: I am provisioning Windows 8 x32 and x64 virtual machines to a user pool for app testing using VMware products.  Problem is that the users who are trying to RDP into these Windows 8 VMs are using Windows XP.  In order to let these users get RDP access to these Windows 8 VMs I have to go into each (a TOTAL of 40 Windows 8 VMs) Windows 8 VM, go to Remote Desktop setting within Systems Properties and uncheck the box that reads 'Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)'.  My question: I know there is a way to send packages to a pool of PCs within SCCM that spacifically make registry changes.  Can somone please send me step by step instructions on how to create a package that makes these registry changes?  I've included a link below with information that I believe pertains to this situation.  Thanks!

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732713.aspx

Monday, October 8, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies