none
Custom fields in the "Deliverables" cube in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to add some custom fields to the "Deliverables" OLAP Cube in Project Server 2007?

Thanks

Sunday, August 8, 2010 11:44 AM

Answers

• If you have them as specific task or project level fields in Project Server Server Settings, then generally it's just a matter of adding them to the OLAP cube in the OLAP cube configuration.

If you're talking about custom metadata applied to the Deliverables list in the Project Workspaces, then no, there is no out of the box solution I am aware of, although you could probably do it with some custom coding, etc.

I'd check with the SharePoint forum to see how to move data from SharePoint lists into a custom build OLAP cube (i.e. not the Project Server cube).  I don't know how difficult that would be. 

Monday, August 9, 2010 12:26 AM

All replies

• Project Custom Fields or SharePoint Custom Fields?

Probably yes to the former.  No to the latter.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 4:16 PM
  • PWA custom fields (so that WSS custom fields) in the Deliverables OLAP Cube

No ? ;-(

Sunday, August 8, 2010 4:40 PM
  • If you have them as specific task or project level fields in Project Server Server Settings, then generally it's just a matter of adding them to the OLAP cube in the OLAP cube configuration.

If you're talking about custom metadata applied to the Deliverables list in the Project Workspaces, then no, there is no out of the box solution I am aware of, although you could probably do it with some custom coding, etc.

I'd check with the SharePoint forum to see how to move data from SharePoint lists into a custom build OLAP cube (i.e. not the Project Server cube).  I don't know how difficult that would be. 

Monday, August 9, 2010 12:26 AM
  • Andrew,

I'm just using Task level custom fields, very simple: i tried with a flag field, I tried with a Text field with Lookup table. I added them to the Cube in the Configuration page, I recalculated the cube... but nothing displayed in the "Deliverables" cube.

Any idea?

Thanks

Monday, August 9, 2010 7:07 AM