Ease of Access Administration options are not sticky. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a vision impaired user and have started playing with Win7 using JAWS.  I've noticed some oddities one of which I've seen previously in Win Vista.  It is related to the High Contrast options for Ease of Access.

Under Ease of Access there is a hyperlink for Administrative Options.  Under this is a checkbox which should apply high contrast color schemes to the login desktop.

This option appears to not function.  If the user checks the option and clicks OK and then re-enters the Administrative options, the checkbox is unchecked.

Is there a registry entry that the user could make to manually enable this function?
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:56 PM

Answers

• Cerbdawg,

Are you using the keyboard shortcut (Alt + left SHIFT + Print Screen) to activate it after setting the checkbox?

Otherwise, if you right click on the desktop and choose personalize, you can change the theme to a high contrast theme manually.
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:22 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Cerbdawg,

Are you using the keyboard shortcut (Alt + left SHIFT + Print Screen) to activate it after setting the checkbox?

Otherwise, if you right click on the desktop and choose personalize, you can change the theme to a high contrast theme manually.
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry, for the slow response.  I didn't receive an email that this post had been replied to.

I am comfortable with setting high contrast schemes which I can use on the desktop.  The problem is that the Ease of Access settings don't stick and apply to the login UI.

It is quite frustrating to have to use the keyboard shortcut to change the contrast to see which aspect of the login desktop is currently active.

It's not a big deal, but it is a defect.  The setting should stick.
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:41 AM