none
Lync 2013 virtualization experience RRS feed

Answers

• My experience is very real :)  Any additional information I can provide or questions you have?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:27 PM

All replies

• Yes though I personally don't always recommend it. If you do find and follow the Lync 2013 virtualization white paper. The issue is: with real-time communications there can't be any kind of competition for virtualization resources. That means no thin provisioning, no oversubscription of CPU cores, and no dynamic memory. I also like to commit CPU cores or set latency sensitivity and of course don't forget no live migration . With all of these restrictions many firms opt to simply put it on physical servers .

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41936

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Lync Server 2013 supports virtualization topologies that support all Lync Server workloads, including instant messaging (IM) and presence, conferencing, Enterprise Voice, Monitoring, Archiving, and Persistent Chat.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:09 AM
  • Eason Huang.... I know that information...but I need real experiences...

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:33 AM
  • My experience is very real :)  Any additional information I can provide or questions you have?

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:27 PM
  • I won't deploy virtual machine....at the end you need a host per VM... (ratio core 1:1 is hard...)

Thanks Anthony

Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:48 AM