Windows 7 admin password for use on XP machine RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a new Win 7 Prof pc and use a certain program on it, running as the server. The other pc on the network uses Win XP Home, and needs to access this program. I've mapped the network drive and created the shortcut on the XP machine, but now the program always ask for the administrator password (of the win 7 pc). Once you type it in, the program works 100%. There is no option on the XP machine that tells it to "remember the password ". Is there any way to get past this on the XP Machine?

Second problem, is that I had to run the cmd command as administrator to show the administrator account in order to create password. It has been disabled again, but now when my Win 7 pc starts up, my own user icon appears on the screen (no password) and I have to click on it everytime I log in / start pc up. Tried the Netplwiz and deselected the "user must enter username and password", but my icon still appears. (only 1 user account)

Any suggestions how to get sorted out?

Friday, January 28, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• This forum is for running an operating sytem in a virtual machine as a guest on a host computer.  A kind of computer in a computer.  It is not a forum for networking two or more computers unless virtual machines are involved.  Try another forum devoted to networking.
    Colin Barnhorst
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, February 4, 2011 5:53 AM
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:08 AM