Office 2007 32bit OS will not open word docs on windows7 64bit os. All other office programs work fine RRS feed

• Question

• I have offive enterprise 2007 It installed fine on windows 7 pro 64 bit os . The original program works fine on all other office apps except word. I can open a word doc and type and send it. But if someone sends me a word doc it won't open. When I trouble shot I found an app compatibility error.

I am wondering is there a way in windows 7 to install the app in XP mode and run it straight from windows 7 mode instead of XP mode? Or open incoming word docs in XP mode. If I go to XP mode the incoming docs open fine.

I hate 64 bit os
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According you description, I suspect this problem could be caused by Office corrupted on your machine. Please try following steps to repair your Office:

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.

2. Click Programs and Features.

3. Click the Office  program that you want to repair, then click Change.

4. Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you could record the error message and post this issue to Microsoft Office forum:

Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Category

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 9, 2011 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• have you tried saving the doc to the desktop then opening word and opening the document from word ie file>open?
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

According you description, I suspect this problem could be caused by Office corrupted on your machine. Please try following steps to repair your Office:

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.

2. Click Programs and Features.

3. Click the Office  program that you want to repair, then click Change.

4. Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you could record the error message and post this issue to Microsoft Office forum:

Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Category

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 9, 2011 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:45 AM