Skype for Business server 2015 External Access RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello,

so i've installed  Skype For Business Server 2015 and tested  it  and it's  work internally good,  yesterday  i've installed  Edge Server and it's Replicated with the Skype Server, now i can  search for anyone  in Skype and  i can See the Profiles, but the problem is i can't add  anyone, can't  send IM or  anything,  just  i can see the  People, this is the first Problem.

The 2nd  problem :

i tried to login with  the Skype account externally, but also  it's  not working, i have Domain name and  i connected it with my fixed IP and the Domain name  is the same  Domain of the  Company .

sorry  i've tried to explain every  thing  .

thanks all
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have several points need further confirm with you.

>>> now I can search for anyone in Skype and I can See the Profiles, but the problem is i can't add anyone.

Just wondering if you are saying the account that you cannot add is the users of Skype for Consumer (Standard free Skype)?

If so, you will need to deploy the federation feature to configure on premise SFB server with Skype connectivity, please find here for more details.

And as to the log in issue externally, please have a check the certificate and DNS configuration that you need to take account of when deploying Edge server. Please check the below snapshots for more details.

Also, please try to check the port requirement for Edge, especially the three services that pointing to the different ports.

I would also recommend you refer to the following article to check step by step for deploying Edge server:

http://blog.schertz.name/2016/03/skype-for-business-2015-edge-server-deployment/

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:57 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 5:51 AM
  • for this :

Just wondering if you are saying the account that you cannot add is the users of Skype for Consumer (Standard free Skype)?

yes  with the  Skype for Consumer and  i've activated the Fedration on SFB  but still can see external contacts  but can't  add / IM them .

for the 2nd  i have some missing  DNS records i'll add them and come back to you .

thanks  for your answer 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

As for deploying connectivity with Skype for Consumer, you will need to initiate the provisioning process for Skype Connectivity on https://pic.lync.com and then enable federation and PIC in SFB control panel.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-skype-connectivity

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/11/09/step-by-step-skype-connectivity-configuration-with-on-premise-skype-for-business-2015/

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:51 AM
  • i've did every thing , none  of those solution  works to me .
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:46 PM
  • Your provisioning request for Microsoft Lync Server and Skype Connectivity has been successfully completed. You should now be able to connect to the public IM service providers. If you have any questions or concerns about your new Lync Server and Skype Connectivity service, or if you wish to stop the service, please create a PIC/Skype request here,

i've  registered my server  on pic.lync.com and i've  recived this email, but  i still can't  connect  external Ppl, as  i said i can  see the  profiles  when i search for  someone  and  i add them but  no add request  recived and  when i try to write  a msg  i can"t  also .

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

So you have initiated the provisioning on the PIC already, and also you have configured the federation with Skype on SFB control panel already, right?

If so, please have a try to search the SFB account from Skype for Consumer side.

This is just to see if the invitation will be prompted if you search from Skype for Consumer side.

If it appears when searching from Skype side, then it would be the issue caused from Skype (Make sure you have installed the latest client version for both SFB and Skype).

As based on my test, sometimes Skype Consumer sometimes is not that stable for this feature, we would need to add contacts from Skype side.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:57 AM
  • i"ve  tried  every thing,  and  still can"t  contact  external Ppl , now  the  external Ppl can see my company  users  Profiles  but also can't add / IM each other
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:45 PM
  • According the description, the problem is fail to receive add request.

Please first try the web version of Skype to see if the request exists.

I used Skype (version 7.40.99.104) and it could receive add request normally. Maybe you could try this previous version.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking if the reply is helpful with you? Please try to mark the reply as an answer if is useful as it will assist other users who have similar issues to find answer more efficiently in out community.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any further help. 

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 2:01 PM