Unable to retrieve 'Resource' field from the current list(Event)" SharePoint error RRS feed

• Question

• Could somebody help me to understand, why the below mentioned erroris occurring, When i try to access the calendar in the SharePoint 2010, sharePoint throws error but i dont understand why it throws this error and what it meant for.

"Unable to retrieve 'Resource' field from the current list(Event)"

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Guru,

Please go to list settings>Title, description and navigation to check if you are using this calendar to share member’s schedule.

If yes, you can disable it and test again.

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:34 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Guru,

Please go to list settings>Title, description and navigation to check if you are using this calendar to share member’s schedule.

If yes, you can disable it and test again.

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:34 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 9:23 AM
  • What if Sharing members' schedules is what I'm trying to accomplish? Why does this message come up? I can't find a "Resource" field or column defined anywhere.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:11 PM
  • I have the same error. I deleted the column resources in the calender on a sub-site. Now I cannot access the subsite anymore and cannot go to the list settings. Is there any chance that my site is not lost?
    Monday, April 22, 2013 11:22 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Did you ever resolve this problem I am getting the exact same error.

Thanks

Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:11 PM
  • It happens in 2013 too, when the Group Calendar option is enabled. UGH!

Thanks! Patti N.

Monday, January 5, 2015 9:25 PM
  • I found the solution (with help) to my particular issue.

The user who created the calendar had overlaid another calendar from a different site that had been deleted, we ran a PS script that showed us which calendars were been referenced.

We deleted the view for the overlaid deleted calendar that it was referencing. Once this view had been deleted the error went away.

I hope this can help others.

Thanks

Monday, January 5, 2015 9:48 PM