Run out of Memory - 0x8007000E RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to run the Windows Server in the Hyper-V but got an Error-Ran out of Memory 0x8007000E .Even provided 2GB of Ram but still the same msg. It was working fine from few moments but now it stopped working. followed the below KB article - KB2869591.
    • Changed type Yogesh Ji Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:28 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2016 3:03 PM

Answers

• "Physical Host has 4GB of Ram."

That is very small for running VMs.  My guess is that you have too much memory assigned to the VMs.  The host needs a certain amount of memory and will not give it up to VMs.  Try using less memory assigned to the VM.

If you plan on using this physical machine for running VMs, you should get more physical memory.

. : | : . : | : . tim

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, March 5, 2016 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:31 PM
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 8:06 PM

All replies

• Could you please provide some information about your configuration?  How much physical memory on the host?  How many virtual machines running under Hyper-V when you try to run this machine?  Does it fail after it has been running for a while or does it fail when you try to start the VM?

Friday, March 4, 2016 4:34 PM
  • 2GB RAM allocated to Windows Server VM & 50GB HD space. only 2 VM created on hyper-v --windows 7 & windows server 2012 but non of them are now working & getting same error on both the Machine's.. 0x8007000E It's been 15days I hadn't used the VM but yesterday when I started to use them I got this error msg
    Friday, March 4, 2016 5:19 PM
  • I also asked how much memory is on the physical host.

Is the error coming from the physical host or from one of the VMs?

I have also seen that error message sometimes associated with not enough disk space to run the VMs.  So is there enough space on the physical drive on which the VMs are stored?

Friday, March 4, 2016 6:39 PM
  • Trying to run the Windows Server in the Hyper-V but got an Error-Ran out of Memory 0x8007000E .Even provided 2GB of Ram but still the same msg. It was working fine from few moments but now it stopped working. followed the below KB article - KB2869591.

Please change the thread type from General discussion to Question

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:34 PM
  • Physical Host has 4GB of Ram.

Error is coming when trying to run any of the VM on hyper-v.

around 120 GB of partition allocated to VM only.

Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:30 AM
  • "Physical Host has 4GB of Ram."

That is very small for running VMs.  My guess is that you have too much memory assigned to the VMs.  The host needs a certain amount of memory and will not give it up to VMs.  Try using less memory assigned to the VM.

If you plan on using this physical machine for running VMs, you should get more physical memory.

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, March 5, 2016 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:31 PM
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 8:06 PM
  • Hi Yogesh,

Agree with Tim .

In addition , you may check the remained physical RAM on hyper-v host via using perfmon.exe .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Thank you for your suggestion it really works.Cheers.
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 12:42 PM