none
Exchange Remote Socket Error

Question

• Hi There,

I was searching forum for exchange 2013 server for a couple of days I did not find informative forum.  I  believe this forum I'll get answer on my issue my exchange server.

To begin with I had user using outlook 2016. He's expecting two emails from the client one email was delivered to his inbox. The second with second email with zip file attachment  wasn't  deliver to his inbox. I've checked to smtp antivirus both emails was forwarded to exchange server. I deep checked on the log and the delivery report, I found that on the   "RECEIVECONNECTOR" log  the " remote socket error"  and on the delivery report  first email was delivered status and the second email on pending status.  How I can find the  second on the exchanger server is a very important email for the  user.

Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi waple1012,

Check if the message is still in the Exchange Queue. Default expiration time is 2 days.

Check the messages in the queue by following this article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123934(v=exchg.160).aspx

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

Does those two emails come from same sender (internal or external)?
    What's the meaning of "smtp antivirus both emails was forwarded to exchange server"?

If there's a special receive connector to receive message from one special IP (app), and use Exchange server to relay message, please double check the settings on this receive connector, especial authentication method.
    For your reference: Allow anonymous relay on Exchange servers

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 9, 2018 9:40 AM
  • Any update now

If it's solved, would you please post the solution here to share it with us? Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your again.
    I just want to check the current status of your question.
    Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this issue? 

Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:22 PM