none
Using GPO to edit Google Chrome Geolocation settings

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add a few websites to Chrome's Geolocation (if user opens a website which wants to track user's location, there is a pop up prompt which allows to choose between "Allow" or "Disallow") list using GPO. Normally these settings are stored in Preferences file, which is located in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. Google provides their own ADMX templates, which allows to configure Geolocation's default behavior only, like:

• 1 = Allow sites to track the users' physical location
    • 2 = Do not allow any site to track the users' physical location
    • 3 = Ask whenever a site wants to track the users' physical location

I would like to have a little bit "deeper" configuration: I would like to add a specific website with parameter "allow" or "disallow", so the user will not get prompt for specific website. 

Thanks for the help.

Monday, March 07, 2016 6:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Am 07.03.2016 um 07:07 schrieb mm1492:
    > I would like to have a little bit "deeper" configuration:

If it is not inside the ADMx, you can´t.

Create a wichlist/suggest at the chromium project page.

Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

GPO Tool: http://www.reg2xml.com - Registry Export File Converter

Monday, March 07, 2016 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

According to my research, DefaultGeolocationSetting policy is a global setting which could not meet your requirement. Since the ADM/ADMX templates of Group Policies for Google Chrome is provided by Google, you'd better ask for some help from them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 08, 2016 3:08 AM