incorrect caller ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have the company contact list on my phone( using outlook contact list), and under all the accounts I have the company's number and their extension like this 905887xxxx,xxx. I have added our company's contact too. But when anyone calls me from the company's line, it shows the wrong caller ID and it shows my first contact in the list.
    I know it looks complicated so I will give you an example. For example, Our company's name is AA, and my contact list looks like the below list:
    AA >> 905887xxxx
    Adam Mc >> 905887xxxx,547
    Amanda Do >> 905887xxxx,540
    Doug Pier >> 905887xxxx,561

and when someone calls from the company's line, instead of showing AA it shows Adam Mc. and I think he is calling me!
    I tried adding # before AA name and it didn't help. Any idea?

Friday, June 1, 2018 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Angusglen,

Does others call your own phone number of the company number?

About this question, we give you the following suggestions:
    1. In your phone, you could try to search the phone number like 905887xxxx, xxx, check whether the display name show correctly
    2. According to my research, if you use Skype for Business/Lync to call a phone number that is shared by more than one person (such as a call center), it will show the name of the first person listed under that number in the Active Directory, regardless of who picks up the call.
    In this case, when a call to your phone, the call number may think as a call center, then it shows as the first person listed under your contact list.
    You could refer to the following link:
    https://kb.iu.edu/d/awrx 

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan

• Proposed as answer by Evan78 Jiang Thursday, June 7, 2018 5:41 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 6:03 AM
  • Hi angusglen,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan
    Monday, June 11, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Hi angusglen,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:20 AM