Problem with Cut/Copy and Paste RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Business Intelligent Development Studio installed in 2 of my computers. And on 1 computer if I attempt to cut/copy a control/data flow task, it throws an error message. However the same thing works on the other computer. I don't see any difference in the way the whole SQL server 2005 is installed in both the computers.

Has anybody having a similar problem?

Thanks,

Friday, November 7, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers

•  

Register the xml parser dlls with the below commands.

regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll

regsvr32.exe msxml4.dll
    regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll

(For registering the commands:- From your desktop point to Start->Run. In the textbox type the command and say OK)

Regards

Alina

Monday, November 10, 2008 6:59 AM

All replies

• Can you post the error message?
    Friday, November 7, 2008 7:53 PM
    Answerer
  •  

Hello,

Thanks for responding.

Here are the error details:

===================================

An error occurred while objects were being copied. SSIS Designer could not serialize the SSIS runtime objects. (Microsoft Visual Studio)

Could not copy object 'SQL OnError' to the clipboard.
     (Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design)

------------------------------
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%u00ae+Visual+Studio%u00ae+2005&ProdVer=8.0.50727.762&EvtSrc=Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.SR&EvtID=SerializeComponentsFailed&LinkId=20476

Program Location:

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtsClipboardCommandHelper.SerializeRuntimeObjects(ICollection logicalObjects)
       at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.ControlFlowClipboardCommandHelper.InternalMenuCopy(MenuCommand sender, CommandHandlingArgs args)

Invalid access to memory location. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6) (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.PersistImpl.SaveToXML(XmlDocument& doc, XmlNode node, IDTSEvents events)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsContainer.SaveToXML(XmlDocument& doc, XmlNode node, IDTSEvents events)
       at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtsClipboardCommandHelper.SerializeRuntimeObjects(ICollection logicalObjects)

Saturday, November 8, 2008 12:04 AM
  • Can somebody please respond to the problem I have above?

Monday, November 10, 2008 12:04 AM
  •  

Register the xml parser dlls with the below commands.

regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll

regsvr32.exe msxml4.dll
    regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll

(For registering the commands:- From your desktop point to Start->Run. In the textbox type the command and say OK)

Regards

Alina

Monday, November 10, 2008 6:59 AM