High CPU usage (ntoskrnl.exe System) win 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Since I upgraded my pc to windows 8.1 my pc freezes a lot.

I checked in task manager wich process was causing this, and i noticed it was this system.exe.

I noticed everytime my pc freezes, this process uses over 13% of my cpu

I use a asus x225c, with a i5 prcessor

thanks in advantage

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this issue happened after upgraded to Windows 8.1, so first I would suggest you view the PC model in the manufacture website, and check whether the PC fully supports Windows 8.1.

Then please make sure that the system is fully packed with latest Windows updates and latest drivers to get a better and stable performance.

Meanwhile, please run a virus scan to ensure the safety, some malware\virus can disguise itself as system.exe, which might cause system crash.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Sunday, December 7, 2014 2:58 PM
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since this issue happened after upgraded to Windows 8.1, so first I would suggest you view the PC model in the manufacture website, and check whether the PC fully supports Windows 8.1.

Then please make sure that the system is fully packed with latest Windows updates and latest drivers to get a better and stable performance.

Meanwhile, please run a virus scan to ensure the safety, some malware\virus can disguise itself as system.exe, which might cause system crash.

Yolanda Zhu

• Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Sunday, December 7, 2014 2:58 PM
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

Any update? If you could update us at your convenience that would be wonderful.

Regards.

Yolanda Zhu

Thursday, December 4, 2014 11:00 AM