DHCp and THEME service have to be started manually everytime RRS feed

• Question

• I have XP pro edition with SP3 and recently I had a problem that after reboot my theme gets restored to classic and i am not able to make any net connection. after browsing a little i found the issue can be fixed manually everytime by starting the service manually DHCp and Theme . I tried to create a batch file for same in the startup but the same wont work.

I have avast internet security fully updated , ran a scan but the system is clean . I have to  tyep ipconfig/release ,flushdns and renew everytime after boot up .

I heard something about winsock32 corrupted entry but am unsure whether to flirt with the registry key or not .

the ipconfig/all results the following

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : performa-471125
            Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
            Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
            IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
            WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
            Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
    on
            Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-20-CA-5C-06
            Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
            Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
            IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 116.72.10.172
            Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0
            Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 116.72.0.1
            DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.88.130.40
            DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 116.72.255.254
            Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:06:46
    AM
            Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:21:46
    AM

Please guide

Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:06 AM

All replies

• RUN services.msc and see what other services is the DHCP service dependent on. try to see if those services are running.

try putting DHCP on automatic startup.

try to find out what file is the service runnign and try registering with resvr32 UNC path to the  file, and the parameters to be parsed.

example::::

regsvr32 \windows\system32\spoolsv.exe -2

About the theme, try renaming the current user profile in c:\documents and Settings\Username

to c:\documents and Settings\Username_old_date

and then log in to recreate the user profile. You would need another user profile to be able to rename the one that has issues. In addition this might fix your DHCP issue.

good luck!

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Friday, February 4, 2011 7:43 PM