Date calc based on other field value RRS feed

• Question

• I want my “End Dte” date field to be automatically updated when someone selects the “Done!” option value from the “Status” multiple choice list. So, I am trying to enter a calculated value for the “End Dte” field, something like:

=IF([Status]=3,”",[End Dte]=[Today]

But, thus far SharePoint doesn't like it. Can anyone help?

Dave Englund
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:00 PM admin q - why post to general? (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

I understand that you want to set the End Dte column value based on the status of the item .You can achieve this by using SharePoint Designer .

1.       Open the site in SharePoint Designer .

2.       Choose File>New>Workflow .Specify the list which the workflow is attached to .

3.       Choose all the three start options .Click next.

4.       Click on the Conditions and choose Compare list field .Set the filed as Status and set the value as ‘Done’ .

5.       Choose ‘Update list Items ’ in the Actions field .Set the list as  current item .Add the field End Dte  to the value Current Date .

6.       Click OK to save the workflow .

If you have any more questions ,please feel free to ask .

Thanks ,

Entan Ming
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 11, 2011 3:42 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Hi ,

You can change step 5 like this:

5.   Choose ‘Update list Items ’ in the Actions field .Set the list as  current item .Add the field End Dte  to the current item field ‘Modified’ .

Modified is a system column .It will show the data and time the item is modified .

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I understand that you want to set the End Dte column value based on the status of the item .You can achieve this by using SharePoint Designer .

1.       Open the site in SharePoint Designer .

2.       Choose File>New>Workflow .Specify the list which the workflow is attached to .

3.       Choose all the three start options .Click next.

4.       Click on the Conditions and choose Compare list field .Set the filed as Status and set the value as ‘Done’ .

5.       Choose ‘Update list Items ’ in the Actions field .Set the list as  current item .Add the field End Dte  to the value Current Date .

6.       Click OK to save the workflow .

If you have any more questions ,please feel free to ask .

Thanks ,

Entan Ming
    Friday, July 1, 2011 8:00 AM
  • That seems to work fine, but it gives me the current date as of 12AM. I'd like the current date and current time. Can you advise on how to do differently in steps 5 & 6? Thanks!
    Dave Englund
    Friday, July 1, 2011 1:36 PM
  • Hi ,

You can change step 5 like this:

5.   Choose ‘Update list Items ’ in the Actions field .Set the list as  current item .Add the field End Dte  to the current item field ‘Modified’ .

Modified is a system column .It will show the data and time the item is modified .

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 7:55 AM