none
How can I grant Read Only access to server drives via Group Policy?

Question

• We have a group in AD of "Developers".  We want to give that group access to all of our "QA" Servers but not to remote in and only to do Read Only.

So a developer should be able to go to \\qaserver\c$ and see what's in that and all subfolders, but not be able to modify anything or remote into the machine itself.

I don't know if there's a built in group that can do this or if I'll have to create something from scratch.

Thanks for any advice.

Friday, April 24, 2015 7:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

You can organize this permissions on folder right click->Share with->specific people,then add "Developers" , permissions level select " Read"

If you want to share on root folder ( c,d etc) on root right click ->share with->Advanced sharing->Advanced sharing select "share this folder" and then on permissions tab add group and set permissions.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:29 AM
  • Hi

You can organize this permissions on folder right click->Share with->specific people,then add "Developers" , permissions level select " Read"

If you want to share on root folder ( c,d etc) on root right click ->share with->Advanced sharing->Advanced sharing select "share this folder" and then on permissions tab add group and set permissions.

Right, but we want to do this on dozens of machines and have it done automatically any time we add new ones into that OU so I'm looking for a way to do this via GPO if possible.
    Monday, April 27, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Hi

İ dont think there is a GPO about this,but also you should do it using a script.

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:15 PM