Proclarity error RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with proclarity.

When I open desktop or web professional, I got an unspecified error (error : 80004005h).

It supposed to open cube list and server connection but it doesn't show up. So, whenever I open the proclarity, I just go to file menu, open the cube again, and everything seems fine.

It's not a major issue but is there any way to fix this issue?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, I did tried to reinstall desktop but didn't work.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• I found this article on the web and followed the step but still doesn't work.

Below is the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927932

Anybody has any idea?

Please help me!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:56 PM
  • Try uninstalling ProClarity using the following steps after backing up your registry:

1. From Windows Add/Remove Programs, uninstall ProClarity, starting with PDP, then in no particular order: BRE, KPI Designer, Selector (if any of these components are installed)
    2. Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity
    3. Delete C:\Program Files\ProClarity
    4. Delete C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\ProClarity (you can back up options.xml (user preferences/default settings and client side calculated measures) and MyFavorites.bin (My Views) and bring them back in after a successful installation, but the options.xml may be the culprit so be prepared to start from scratch.
    5. Please delete the following keys from your registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls (delete any entries for ProClarity)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity Corporation

6. Reboot, and then install ProClarity Desktop Professional, then BRE, Designer, and Selector.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Before reinstalling desktop, I just want to make sure why this symptom happened.

Right now, since all users who have this problem can't save " my view" to the anlaytic server.

Only way they can keep their own view is to create the bbk file and save it on their local machine.

I don't know why it happens, but I will give it a try to my local machine first.

Thanks and please advice me since this is urgent issue to me now.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:05 PM
  •  

I just followed the step and just reinstalled desktop professional in my local machine and it works now.

But Web professional still has an unspecified error.

How can we fix for the web pro then? Do we need to check the analytic server?

Please let me know.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:51 PM
  •  

Now, i got the same error again with desktop pro. it seemed it worked but after trying several times to open desktop pro, it gets an unspecified error again.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:18 PM
  • If the issue has become urgent for you, I would recommend opening a support case so that you can work with a dedicated support engineer to resolve the issue. 

At this point I would suspect some difference in version between the Analytics Server and the client.  Can you produce a diagnostic log for the PAS and a Desktop Pro client that is experiencing the issue and compare ProClarity version information?  You can create these logs by navigating to the \Program Files\ProClarity directory and running the ProClarity Diagnostic Tool.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:57 PM
  • Sorry for the late response. I have a difficulty to access MSDN forums since last night and now I can access.

One of our techy person took a look at the event log and found out that it was unable to pull down a file called MDStoreAccess.asp in the PAS directory.  We verified on the server that indeed this file does not exist for whatever reason.

Any idea about this issue?

How can I resolve this issue?

And also, I will run the diagnostic tool and post it asap.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, November 30, 2007 8:20 PM
  • It looks like you might be seeing an issue that was addressed after the release of 6.3.  If you're indeed running PAS 6.3, will you please navigate to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f6dccbe6-5a5e-456c-ba22-3f2b3ff6c6ab&DisplayLang=en and install the latest PAS update on your machine hosting PAS.

Once PAS has been updated, please test with the clients again and let us know if you're still seeing problems.

Friday, November 30, 2007 9:23 PM
  • HI Ben,

Sorry for the late response.

We patched it over the weekend and the problem is resolved.

Thank you so much!

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:10 PM
  • Hi Ben.Scott

Am also facing same error for single user out of 60 users. Will it be fine to add the patch file on analytical server even though all other user are able use without any issues.

Please help me out.
    Monday, August 31, 2009 12:48 PM