none
Event ID 7022 - Windows Steady State Service coulnd`t be start correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !

I`ve installed SteadyState on a PC which is connected to a Active Directory Domain.

There is no other Software installed on the PC excepted Steady State and

the Shared Computing Toolkit wasn`t installed bevor.

No Computer Restrictions are on and the Windows Disk Protection is off.

The Windows Language is German.

When i logged in, i must every time wait approximately 1 minute bevor i can access the Desktop.

I looked into the eventlog and i get the following error Message:

Type: Error:

Event ID: 7022

Description:

The Service "Windows Steady State Service" couldn`t started normally.

I`ve installed Steady State on four other PCs and i get the same error Message.

Is this an Problem with the German Windows?

When i try to start the service manually then the eventlog said that the service could be started.

but this is not a practical solution.

Sorry for my bad english

and thank`s

Steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Actually, this is a known issue of SteadyState. A computer which has SteadyState installed may take longer to boot. If you logon to the system immediately after SteadyState is installed, the logon is slow. The delay caused by this sequence should only occur at the first log on each time the computer is restarted. In the event log, you may notice errors saying that the Windows SteadyState Service hung on starting or cannot be started.

CAUSE

During startup of the computer and then log on, the following event sequence must occur:

1. WMI initializes

2. SCTSvc starts

3. Log on and display of the desktop completes

As a result, the computer may seem slow to startup and then immediately log on to display the desktop because each event takes time to process.  

Please monitor the computer, if the SCTsvce is started properly after several minutes, you can safely ignore it. Otherwise, you can perform the following tests to isolate the root cause:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To isolate the root cause for this issue, we need to confirm whether the sctsvc is still running and functioning after the slow logon. You can perform the following test:

1.       Set a logon session limit of just a minute or two for a restricted user.

2.       Log on as the restricted user. 

As Sctsvc is responsible for enforcing those limits, if the account is forced off after the limit expires, then we know sctsvc is still working. 

Hope the information helps.

If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Actually, this is a known issue of SteadyState. A computer which has SteadyState installed may take longer to boot. If you logon to the system immediately after SteadyState is installed, the logon is slow. The delay caused by this sequence should only occur at the first log on each time the computer is restarted. In the event log, you may notice errors saying that the Windows SteadyState Service hung on starting or cannot be started.

CAUSE

During startup of the computer and then log on, the following event sequence must occur:

1. WMI initializes

2. SCTSvc starts

3. Log on and display of the desktop completes

As a result, the computer may seem slow to startup and then immediately log on to display the desktop because each event takes time to process.  

Please monitor the computer, if the SCTsvce is started properly after several minutes, you can safely ignore it. Otherwise, you can perform the following tests to isolate the root cause:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To isolate the root cause for this issue, we need to confirm whether the sctsvc is still running and functioning after the slow logon. You can perform the following test:

1.       Set a logon session limit of just a minute or two for a restricted user.

2.       Log on as the restricted user. 

As Sctsvc is responsible for enforcing those limits, if the account is forced off after the limit expires, then we know sctsvc is still working. 

Hope the information helps.

If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:04 AM
  •  

I am having the same issue with Steady State. Does this means we have to live with this problem? Some of the desktops we have take a little over 1 minute to boot up. If anyone fixed the problem please reply let us know.

Chivazo

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 6:10 PM