USB Ports errors. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP computer with Vista. Everytime I plug something into the USB ports my computer tries to install drivers. I get an error message stating the drivers could not be found. I cannot install my printer, my photo printing dock. I cannot even plug a mouse in without the computer trying to install drivers. I have un-installed the USB drivers, contacted HP, searched for on-line solutions. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems the problem is caused by compatibility between Windows Vista and USB drive. In this scenario, we recommend to contact hardware manufacturers to check if any USB drive upgrade is applicable to Windows Vista. If the manufacturers of devices don’t provide drivers designed for Windows Vista, we can’t solve the problem just in Windows side. Incompatible hardware, especially basic devices like motherboard, may cause system crash or other serious problems in the future.

To solve the problem solidly, please contact the manufacturer and confirm whether updated driver for Windows Vista is in the works.

Thank you for understanding, and I hope the problem will be fixed soon!

Monday, December 10, 2007 9:47 AM