none
Manually Install Protection Agent AND Attache to Server RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to successfully install and attach protection manager but it's failing on the attaching to server part. I'm trying to follow this instruction below but I don't have a Program Files/Microsoft Data Protection Manager path. I found Program Files/Microsoft DPM but there is not SetDPM.exe as outlined below. Please help.

1.                To change the directory on the targeted computer, run the following command:

cd /d <system drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin

2.                To configure the security accounts, permissions, and firewall exceptions necessary for the agent to communicate with a DPM server, run the following command:

SetDpmServer.exe –dpmServerName <DPMServerName>

Friday, April 1, 2011 12:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

A Program files\Microsoft DPM path exists only on the DPM server. There you should run Attach-ProductionServer.ps1, but only after SetDpmServer.exe –dpmServerName <DPMServerName> command on the protected computer side. You can find SetDpmServer.exe there in the Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin

My DPM blog ystartsev.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 1, 2011 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A Program files\Microsoft DPM path exists only on the DPM server. There you should run Attach-ProductionServer.ps1, but only after SetDpmServer.exe –dpmServerName <DPMServerName> command on the protected computer side. You can find SetDpmServer.exe there in the Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin

My DPM blog ystartsev.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 1, 2011 7:29 AM
  • Thank you very much. That helped me. Would be great to have your input on this other issue I'm facing as well.

What't the best storage device to use with DPM ... don't think I'll go with tape because I'm only gonna be backing up about 100gb worth of data ... can't go with an external hd because dpm doesn't support it. What's another cost effective solution?

Friday, April 1, 2011 4:28 PM