UsePinAuth Paramter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If we set CsWebServiceConfiguration with Parameter UsePinAuth as FALSE, would it mean it would not ask for any PIN if some one dial into the Skype Conference from any mobile phone device ?

-James

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on my research, for UsePinAuth, when set to True (the default value), clients can be authenticated using personal identification numbers (PINs), if you set the value to false, it would not ask for any PIN if someone dial into the Skype Conference from any IP Phone and common area phone and mobile device, for details, please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412902(v=ocs.14).aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 6, 2017 1:17 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 5:19 AM
  • Hi James,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this case.

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Alice,

We have set CsWebServiceConfiguration with parameter UsePinAuth as FALSE but still it ask for PIN when someone dial into the skype meeting from any mobile device.

It ask for conference ID first and then it says "Meeting Organizer restricted this meeting for identified participants only , please press your extension number or phone number" and after that it ask for PIN.

Please suggest if there is any other setting we need to modify.

-James

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Hello,

Please suggest if there is any other configuration which we need to modify to remove PIN part when someone dial into the skype meeting.

-James

Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Hi James,

Change your dial in configuration using the following command.

Set-CsDialInConferencingConfiguration -AllowAnonymousPSTNActivation $True

Once done, all new meetings that your users create would need to be customized by using the following options.

On the meeting invite, click on Meeting Options and select the following. 

The meeting is a private/new meeting

AND

-----------

These people don’t have to wait in the lobby - Anyone from my Organization and check the box "Callers get in directly"

OR

Anyone (no restrictions)

-----------

Note that callers will be prompted to enter a leader pin in all scenarios to allow leaders to be able to join via PSTN and authenticate as the leader so that they can have presenter capabilities and manage the meeting.

My Blog : http://www.theskypeguy.com

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you have asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they are looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

-------------------------------------------------------

The opinions expressed here are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Friday, February 10, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hello,

If it prompts for Leader PIN, thats fine but for other participants we want, it should not be prompt for PIN as it is not enabled in our environment.Please suggest if it is possible.

Hope will get solution of this soon !

-James

Friday, February 10, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi James,

Did this issue appear on the specific user in your environment ?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Hi Alice,

We have set Parameter "PinAuthType " as OrganizerOnly" under "CsDialInConferencingConfiguration" .Now it ask for Organizer PIN only, not with other Particpants.

-James

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:57 PM
  • Hi James,

I have already provided a solution above.

My Blog : http://www.theskypeguy.com <p>Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you have asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they are looking for solutions to similar problems or queries. </p> <p>------------------------------------------------------- </p> <p>The opinions expressed here are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer. </p>

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:24 AM