Sharepoint Installation RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have a general question about installation of sharepoint 2010 Sp1.

I have a 1 central domain with couple of trusted domains I have to install sharepoint 2010 sp1 server on the central domain and all other trusted different domains should have acces to the sharepoint server with signle sign on.

My Questions:

** Is it possible to install 1 cenrtal domain and give acces to other domains with signle sign on.
    ** Do I have open different port numbers internally to communicate or do I have open port numbers on the different trusted domains.
    ** What kind of authentication should I have to use that user from different trusted domain can access.
    ** Can  the the installion done by redudancy like load balancing ( I have to install 2 sharepoint server)
    ** Is it possible give acces also for externally (internet ) outside and what should I have to do

I hope maybe you can advice me on this article because I am new on the sharepoint 2010 sp1.

Kind regards,

Hakan

Good luck everyone.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:12 AM

All replies

• HI,

My Questions:

** Is it possible to install 1 cenrtal domain and give acces to other domains with signle sign on. -- Kerberos authentication would be your solution. You may want to configure your PeoplePicker with SearchADForests.

** Do I have open different port numbers internally to communicate or do I have open port numbers on the different trusted domains. -- here is a great Technet blog on ports requirements.
    ** What kind of authentication should I have to use that user from different trusted domain can access. - Kerberos
    ** Can  the the installion done by redudancy like load balancing ( I have to install 2 sharepoint server) -- Load balancing the 2 web front end servers would be a great idea at the same time don't forget to make your SQL redundant.
    ** Is it possible give acces also for externally (internet ) outside and what should I have to do -- check this out.

I hope maybe you can advice me on this article because I am new on the sharepoint 2010 sp1.

Kind regards,

Hakan

Good luck everyone.

Hi Hakan,

Find my response and links with your questions above.

Hope this helps - Good luck!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:39 PM