SCCM 2012 "Upgrade" RRS feed

• Question

• When you have an SCCM 2007 environment configured and you stand up a 2012 environment how does Microsoft address any AD conflicts? Does 2012 still write to the System Management folder for MP, Boundaries, etc...?
    Monday, October 22, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

• Yes SCCM 2012 still does write data to the System Management container.
    • You can have overlapping boundaries for content location, but you shouldn't have conflicting boundaries for site assignment for your 2007 and 2012 site.
    •  I would recommend you remove boundaries for site assignment in your SCCM 2007 site. It shouldn't really be needed any more since you will be migrating to the SCCM 2012 site anyways. Clients with the SCCM 2007 will still function fine.
    • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712679.aspx read Site Assignment, Content Location, and Overlapping Boundaries

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

Monday, October 22, 2012 6:17 PM

All replies

• Yes SCCM 2012 still does write data to the System Management container.
    • You can have overlapping boundaries for content location, but you shouldn't have conflicting boundaries for site assignment for your 2007 and 2012 site.
    •  I would recommend you remove boundaries for site assignment in your SCCM 2007 site. It shouldn't really be needed any more since you will be migrating to the SCCM 2012 site anyways. Clients with the SCCM 2007 will still function fine.
    • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712679.aspx read Site Assignment, Content Location, and Overlapping Boundaries

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

Monday, October 22, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Hi,

To add to the answer above, don't forget that the Site codes used in ConfigMgr 2012 must  be unique througout your infrastrascture, even SCCM 2007 as they publish in AD both of them.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Monday, October 22, 2012 7:38 PM
  • Yes I am aware of that and it only makes sense. Thank you both for the info.
    Monday, October 22, 2012 9:57 PM