Windows Application hangs if it is kept idle for sometime RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed windows application based on client server architecture.Client(UI) and server(application server i.e. business logic) are deployed on different machines and communicates with each other using WCF services.

If the client (UI) application is kept idle for half an hour, application hangs and have to terminate it through task manager.

In Event viewer I can see the error that-" applicationName.exe has stopped interacting with windows and was closed".

Event id -1002

Please advise what may be causing the issue? I have googled it but didn't get solution.

May the issue being encountered due to anything wrong with windows operating system or WCF services?

Thank you.

• Edited by Rajesh12323 Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:56 PM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to try to use clean boot to run this application to troubleshoot other programs. Here is a link for you to use clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If the issue still occurs in a clean environment, please check the code to see if the application could compatible with Windows well.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Vera Hu Friday, November 10, 2017 6:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Monday, November 20, 2017 9:59 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Hi, 

Hows everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 1:28 AM