Unable to install windows mixed reality portal application Windows 10 N RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a copy of Windows 10 N, and am unable to install the Mixed Reality Portal, despite much effort. Is there anyone with experience on this topic?

This is used locally at my home network, so AFAIK, WSUS shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,

-Mike

Thursday, November 9, 2017 2:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

Through the information provided by Microsoft Developer, we need to upgrade to a regular edition of Windows to use Windows Mixed Reality.

My system is Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 version. I could find Mixed Reality Portal in Search Bar.

Best regards,

Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:54 AM

All replies

• I apologize: some troubleshooting information would be nice. After five hours of attempts with no success, you tend to get tired :-)

1) I'm currently updated to version 1709, so that should be set. Mixed reality checker apps green light me across the board.

2) I've found the following article and followed it, just to be certain: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/application-management/manage-windows-mixed-reality

"Mixed Reality Portal" Simply doesn't exist when I attempt to search for it with Cortana. The only explanation is Windows 10 N is not supported. Some sites back this information, while other sites say it should be supported; both are microsoft links, but I don't have them available at this time.

Would anyone be able to confirm I should have support on Windows 10 N, or would I need to downgrade to home/pro?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

Through the information provided by Microsoft Developer, we need to upgrade to a regular edition of Windows to use Windows Mixed Reality.

My system is Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 version. I could find Mixed Reality Portal in Search Bar.

Best regards,

Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:54 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl 

Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:34 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Any update?

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:48 PM
  • Hello Carl,

My sincerest apologies. I fell off the face of the earth for a moment :-).

Yes, I bought and installed Windows 10 Professional. A hard format (via bootable media) was required for this to work, but now it does. Trying to reinstall over Windows 10 N from within the operating system did not.

In other news, I like Cortana with this new update :-).

Appreciate your help!

• Edited by Mike_at_root Friday, November 17, 2017 7:20 PM Additional information
    Friday, November 17, 2017 7:18 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that you have found a solution and thank you for sharing it here

It is my pleasure. If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,

Carl

Saturday, November 18, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Carl, Hello!

you´ve mentioned you´re using W10Enterprise. I´ve an Acer MR Headset here at work. And as far as my admin told me, the related updates (creator update) is already installed. But everytime I connect the headset to the laptop it reports a necessary update and points on W10 Fall creators update. How did you get your headset to work? Anything I´ve missed?

Kind regards,

Romain

p.s.: I hope it is okay I am writting in this thread as it is - so far - to only one I´ve found mentioning Enterprise Edition in relation to a MR headset.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:55 AM