SCOM 2012 sp1 Agent Installation. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Team,

I have installed SCOM 2012 SP1 in my testing LAB. And also installed agent on two machines and the agent

was installed successfully. But when i tried to install agent on two more machines , the process of agent installation completed successfully and the Task status shows "Success" status as below.

But the machines on which i have installed the agent recently are not displayed in the "Agent Managed" Section under "Device Management". When I looked in to the "Pending Management" section I found that the machine is present here as shown below:-

I am wandering why this is the case that the machine is present in the pending management section.

Please help me with your expert suggestions.

Thanks,

Vishwajeet.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:25 AM

All replies

• In your Setttings > Security in the Administration Section of SCOM is it checked to Review New Manual Agent Installations Pending Management view ?

• Edited by Killer47x Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:54 AM Missed one Word
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:53 AM
  • Thanks Werner for your inputs.

Review New Manual Agent Installation Pending Management view is not checked.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Hi, Review New Manual Agent Installation Pending Management is for Manually installed agents. If you try pushing agents and they are not appeared in Console you can troubleshoot their installation http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2566152. Or you can manually install problem agents and approve them in Console if Review New Manual Agent Installations Pending Management is activated.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:49 PM
  • This is not uncommon if the agent can't find its primary management server using its DNS name or if communication via TCP 5723 is blocked. Log onto the server you installed the agent and telnet to the management server 'telnet FQDN 5723', if you can't connect (get a blank screen) then that is your issue.
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:20 PM