none
Export and Import of VM from one Hyper V Host to another Hyper V Host done. But VM not Powering ON on Intial Host

Question

• I exported VM from one Hyper V Host (Windows Server 2012 R2) to another (2nd ) Hyper V Host (Windows Server 2012 R2) and then I Imported the VM on the 2nd Hyper V Host using the Option : 'Register the virtual machine in-place (use the existing unique id). It got created and is Powering on successfully but when i switch it off and try to Power ON the same VM on the first Hyper V Host then it is failing and giving me an error : 'Microsoft Emulated IDE Controller Error(Instance ID 83F863B-8DCA-9EDA-2CA8B33039B4): Failed to Power on with Error 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process .'." 

I checked  both the VMs and there are using their own separate Vhd's saved separately on both the hosts. Kindly suggest as powering ON the VM on the intial Host (1st Host) is very important. I even deleted the VM on second Host and tried powering on the VM on 1st Host but it still gave me the same error.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:31 PM

All replies