none
Error creating catalog file RRS feed

• Question

• On the MDT2013 deployment everything is working fine. But after a change lets say a new image to import and after the import make a task sequence. Then thru properties try to edit the unattend there it goes wrong several times now.

When choose edit unattend a error appears after a while:

Non-zero return code from catalog utility, rc = 2002

Cannot create catalog.

I must edit the unattend.xml because there must be the option copyprofile=true in the TS.

The question is where does it goes wrong?
    Delete the excisting (Image) operating system in MDT2013 (name.wim)
    Import a (Image) operating system in MDT2013
    Delete the excisting TS
    Create a new TS to deploy the imported image
    Try to edit unattend.

If i go to the original image folder there is no .clg file. So have read on the internet to copy the original .clg from the Windows 7 SP1 DVD to the image folder which i want to deploy and naming it the same as the image.wim file but with the extension.clg

After this i open the system image editor and try to open the .clg file but this also reproduce the error... So deleting the clg and open system image editor and let it create a new catalog works, but every time i import a new task sequence and do above again i must create that catalog file again.

I have made a new deploymentshare and copied all to that new deployment share. However when doiing above again the error by edite unattend.xml creating the catalog is the same.

What can be the cause of this?

freddie

Friday, March 6, 2015 7:38 AM

All replies

• Are you attempting to create a catalog for an x86 image from x64 WSIM? Just checking because that's not possible. If that is the case, you'll need to install the x86 version of WSIM, which can edit both x86 and x64. Keep in mind the x86 WSIM must be installed on an x86 system.

-Nick O.

• Edited by Nick Ourso Friday, March 6, 2015 3:56 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 3:56 PM
  • Are you attempting to create a catalog for an x86 image from x64 WSIM? Just checking because that's not possible. If that is the case, you'll need to install the x86 version of WSIM, which can edit both x86 and x64. Keep in mind the x86 WSIM must be installed on an x86 system.

-Nick O.

The WAIK installation is for x86 servers. The server is also WIndows Server 2003 x86. It has always worked suddenly it does not anymore. Everytime a new image is imported in the deployment share there is no catalog file present next to it. Can there be anything wrong with the ini files?

When i start WSIM manually and open the imported image, WSIM says there is no catalog file present and if he must make one. If i answer with yes it makes a catalog file and then i can edit the unattend in the task sequence...
    What also surprise me is when i create the catalog with WSIM and do a edit unattend.xml in the TS in the component - specialize - Shell setup the copy -profile is already filled with YES so i do not have to set that to true anymore...

freddie

• Edited by surfer10 Friday, March 13, 2015 1:48 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 1:39 PM
  • Anyone another idea?

freddie

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:09 PM
  • Dism /get-mountedwiminfo -- then remove and cleanup any wims currently mounted.  If you interrupt the catalog file creation process, you leave a wim mounted in the temp directory and it will continue to fail until you cleanup the leftover wim file.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:24 PM
  • I have done wat you said and indeed there was a mounted wim, an old one.

Done the unmount task and the wim was closed without saving. Checked again if nothing was mounted and there was not. 

So restart the server and tryed again to edit unattend.xml. The error stays:
    PROGRESS: 30: Mounted Windows image.
    PROGRESS: 33: Serializing Data.
    PROGRESS: 63: Cleaning up...
    PROGRESS: 63: Unmounting Windows image: D:\server\Deploymentshare\Operating Systems\image-64 bit\Image-64.wim.
    PROGRESS: 66: Deleting mount folder.
    PROGRESS: 69: Cleaning up...
    ERROR: Unable to generate catalog on D:\server\Deploymentshare\Operating Systems\image-64 bit\Image-64.wim: System.InvalidOperationException: The operation failed to complete. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'SetThreadErrorMode' in DLL 'KERNEL32.DLL'.
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.NativeMethods.SetThreadErrorMode(UInt32 dwNewMode, UInt32& lpOldMode)
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.NativeMethods.GetSSPath(String path, String moduleName)
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl.InitializePackages()
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl..ctor(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.PlatformImplementation.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.PlatformImplementation.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageCatalog.Serialize(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)
       at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageInfo.CreateCatalog()
       at Microsoft.BDD.Catalog.Program.DoCatalog()

Non-zero return code from catalog utility, rc = 2002

Any more idea's?

freddie

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:41 AM
  • Retry on another machine with deployment workbench.  Make sure if you're trying to make a 64-bit catalog file, it's being done on a 64-bit system.
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:00 PM