MS Project 2013 version RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MS Project 2013, and have created a new programme, I have entered all key dates, etc and whilst the completion of the contract is entered as a milestone date on the Gantt chart, it is not defined in Project Details, etc. However the chart is not displaying some activities at the tail end of the programme duration. The links are correct and the dates displayed in start and finish correct and I created a summary bar and whilst it displays that correctly no bars are shown on the Gant chart. I tried saving / closing down and re-opening but still not shown. Anybody have any ideas why this may be the case? See below screenshot activities nr 11 & 12 ??? it shows a link heading back but no bars. All other bars are ok

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:26 AM

All replies

• Sorry won't let me insert images (screenshot) until account verified???
    Monday, January 25, 2016 10:30 AM
  • A lot easier if we can see it.

Manually scheduled or auto scheduled tasks? Task mode?

Monday, January 25, 2016 11:01 AM
  • kdplanning,

Yes, a screen shot would be very helpful, but meanwhile, a few comments.

First, you mentioned that you entered key dates. Hopefully you did not manually enter start and/or finish dates to any tasks or milestones. Doing so creates a constraint and basically defeats the dynamic scheduling of Project. If you need to "drive stakes in the ground" for key activities/milestones, use the Deadline field.

Second, make sure your installation of Project is updated with the latest Public Update. For Project 2013, that is the January 2016 update. You can update simply by running Windows update.

Third, assuming your installation is fully updated, the strange behavior suggests your file may be corrupt. See the following Wiki article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32054.ms-project-clearing-file-corruption-andor-bloat.aspx

John

Monday, January 25, 2016 3:52 PM