none
How to restore a deleted user-profile for specific user?

Question

• Set-SPProfileServiceApplication $upa -PurgeNonImportedObjects $true deleted an user profiles not imported from active directory. User profiles page (in Central Administration) shows these user profiles as DOMAIN\User-DELETED-{GUID}. I would like to either restore deleted userprofile or create new user profile for a specific user. How can I do this?  Is it enough to add this  user to an Active Directory group that will be synchronized to SharePoint?
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Once AD user ID is created, that user id can be added into SharePoint groups, and that will add an entry in SharePoint. But once the user is clicked the mysite , then the user profile will be created automatically (if mysite is configured )

Regards,

Ganesan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark this as answer if its helps

Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, you need to disable MySite Clean Up timer job, which would delete “marked” user profile.

Then please try to run user profile full sync again (don’t filter out these user profiles), then the user profiles would be created again.

Finally, enable MySite Clean Up timer job.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 14, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update?
    If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.
    Thanks,
    Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 12:46 PM