none
Change Duration to actual calendar days RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to change the Duration column to display actual calendar days rather than work days? I can't seem to find a way under the "help" button.

Monday, April 22, 2013 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Marlene,

If you want to count "calendar" days you have two choices:

Use elapsed durations.  An elapsed day is 24 hours and pays no mind to the definition of working and non-working time.  You may use elapsed minutes (em), elapsed hours (eh), elapsed days (ed), elapsed weeks (ew), or elapsed months (emon).  Be particularly careful however, when assigning resources to elapsed duration tasks - the resource will be scheduled to work 24 hours per day for the duration of the task.

If you truly do work 7 days per week, consider creating a calendar which accounts for the 7 day per week schedule - but with more accurate working time.

If you truly work 7 days per week, 24 hours per day - you may use the 24 hours calendar.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Monday, April 22, 2013 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Marlene,

If you want to count "calendar" days you have two choices:

Use elapsed durations.  An elapsed day is 24 hours and pays no mind to the definition of working and non-working time.  You may use elapsed minutes (em), elapsed hours (eh), elapsed days (ed), elapsed weeks (ew), or elapsed months (emon).  Be particularly careful however, when assigning resources to elapsed duration tasks - the resource will be scheduled to work 24 hours per day for the duration of the task.

If you truly do work 7 days per week, consider creating a calendar which accounts for the 7 day per week schedule - but with more accurate working time.

If you truly work 7 days per week, 24 hours per day - you may use the 24 hours calendar.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Monday, April 22, 2013 4:30 PM
  • Oh perfect! I'll try that.

I'm working on a delay claim and our contract is written in calendar days. So, in order to do a schedule reconciliation, I need to use 7 days per week. I don't care about the working hours so much as just the reflection of the duration as actual calendar days.
    Thank you for your help! I'm new to Project so I'm stumbling through it. Thanks again for your help!

Have a wonderful day.

Monday, April 22, 2013 4:38 PM
  • Glad to have helped and thanks for the feedback, Marlene.  Feel free to drop by with more questions as needed.

Julie

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:36 PM