Mail Merge RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please help me with Mail merge?  I have attempted to merge a word document with an excel docs containing names and email addresses numerous times.   Each time ending with either only 25 saved pdf’s of correctly merged docs, but not the remaining 325 that were in the excel doc, or an error message of “Acrobat PDFMaker was not able to mail merge the document”.  This last attempt had all the makings of promise, only to be let down.  It said “Acrobat PDFMaker is converting messages to PDF” for a very long time.  It switched to the failure notice, then switched back to the converting message and kept going all night.  The green bar slowly going across and flickering like it was working.  At one point, before I went home for the day, a window came up saying that it was saving records 1-50 and 51 to 100.  This morning there was nothing saved and only the failure window.  I’ve done merges in the past with no instances.  We have an employee who is masterfully skilled in excel who has attempted this with me a few times, with no success.  Using the wizard should eliminate the possibility of missing steps, but apparently not.  Help.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:08 PM