MS Word document formatting gets disturbed when opening the document in MS Word 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a document which opens without any formatting issues in MS Word 2010.But when I open that document in MS Word 2016 on Windows 10 Operating system, the formatting gets disturbed.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1127197

There is rectangular box in which text is added. Full content(text) is not seen in word 2016. Are there some settings in word 2016, so that the document can be opened without any formatting issue

I tried below options:

1. Changing Layout setting in Advanced setting as 'Layout This Document As If Created In drop-down list' with 2016 version. But it is still the same.

2.Also tried by unchecking the preserve styles in Auto Format options.

• Moved by Chenchen Li Monday, September 25, 2017 2:12 AM Word IT
    Friday, September 22, 2017 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for development issues when using Word Object Model. According to your description, the old document format is changed after using Word 2016. This issue is not related to development or programming, so I would move this thread into Word IT Pro Discussions forum. 

Besides, your link is invalid. I suggest you upload your file into OneDrive and share the link here. Please visit Share OneDrive files and folders

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 2:11 AM
  • Is this a Word document or Access or another program? I ask because I do not recognize the symbol in the title line of the window.

This does not look like Word to me. Might this be a userform?

Are you on a Macintosh?

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Monday, September 25, 2017 2:22 PM