none
Windows steady state network connection configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I installed steady state and added a new user which will be mostly for internet usage (like a guest user). I did a number of restriction combinations. However, when I go into network connections the right-click menu items "repair" and "disable" are not active. What ueser setting(s) is necessary to make these two items functonal
    for the wirelsess and LAN connections? Thanks

Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:35 AM

Answers

•  

Hi, JohnnyBig, this issue is not caused by SteadyState restrictions. These two options only appear when logging on the computer as administrator or account with administrator privilege. For power user, only repair option is available. Hope this helps!

Friday, July 25, 2008 7:43 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, JohnnyBig, this issue is not caused by SteadyState restrictions. These two options only appear when logging on the computer as administrator or account with administrator privilege. For power user, only repair option is available. Hope this helps!

Friday, July 25, 2008 7:43 AM
  • How can I adjust the user to be "power user" so the repair option becomes active? I definitely do not want to give the second user also admistrator right.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:52 AM
  •  

We can use the following step to change the user to power user:

1.       Click Start, go to Run  (or use Win+R).

2.       Type control userpasswords2  and press Enter.

3.       Highlight the user you want to change and click Properties.

4.       Choose "Other" under Group Membership tab.

5.       Choose Power Users and press OK.

Hope this helps!

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:37 AM
  • THanks for the answer. I did the setting, but have one concern. By changing the profile to power user will this affect the other restriction to this profile which I have already set with the help of Steady state?

Most importantly, I would NOT like this user to be able to access the other partitions which I have set to be blocked and to access and run programs which I have blocked and to access my documents under my drive.

Thanks!

Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:05 PM
  •  

It will not affect other restrictions on this account if we previously set on it.

Monday, August 11, 2008 3:08 AM