Please, could someone help? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if I'm in the right place, but here's the problem no one seems to know the answer to.

I have an all in one printer (Lemxmark 4270), and no they can't find the problem either, anytime

I try to access the printer through the computer it automatically goes into safe mode.

It does fine if I use the printer manually.  This is driving me  NUTS!!!!  I have spent  hours and

hours on the phone with Lexmark and other sites, but to no avail.  Thank you for your time.  Mary
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Mary,

Have you tried completely removing the old drivers and reinstall new ones? Preferbly the drivers that came with the printer or downloaded from the Lexmark homepage?

Sometimes a reinstall of drivers doesn't completely remove the old one. Try removing the printer and then go to Control Panel > Faxes & Printers. Then go to File > Server properties and remove the drivers that are related to the Lexmark printer.

If this doesn't help please post some additional information such as OS type and describe what happens exactly when you use the printer. When does your computer go into safe mode?

Good luck,
    Marjolein
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:11 AM