Issue with a certificate for RD Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks.

I have a new DC running 2008 R2 which is replacing a 2008 Foundation DC; on the current Foundation server we have RD Gateway configured and working well using a certificate purchased from Go Daddy.

I want to configure RD Gateway on the new server but am having a small issue.  I've download the cert again from Go Daddy (after re-keying it), installed the intermediate first, then the cert itself and have imported this in using the RD Gateway Manager (SSL Tab on Server Properties dialogue box).  When I import it, RD Gateway Manager does not report any issues and appears to be happy with the cert.   However, when I run the Best Practises Analyser on the Remote Desktop Services role, I get the following error:

The RD Gateway server must be configured to use a valid SSL certificate

Solution suggested is:

Use the RD Gateway Manager tool to select a valid SSL certificate for the RD Gateway server to use

Can anybody suggest what I might be doing wrong here as I cannot get my head around what I've missed.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Is RD Gateway working, or are you having a problem when you attempt to connect through it?

2. Please try to use your RD Gateway from a client PC, and while connected, please verify using the monitoring section of RD Gateway Manager that the connection is in fact using RD Gateway.

3. Do you have RD Web Access on the same server as RD Gateway?  Are you able to pull up the RDWeb login page okay, and without any certificate errors?

Please reply with your results, whether positive or negative,

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Aiden_Cao Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aiden_Cao Monday, November 12, 2012 1:50 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:54 PM