none
Flow the same Multi-valued Attribute to all users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have created a Generic LDAP MA for a newly created LDAP server and I need to flow the same multi-valued attribute to all users i.e. for one attribute, the values are known, static and must be applied to all users.

Attribute: objectClass

Values: inetOrgPerson, organizationalPerson, person, racfUser, top

I thought the best approach to this is would be to create a new multi valued attribute in the MIM portal with the values already defined but I can’t figure out a way to do this. Can anyone advise how I can do this or an alternative approach?

Cheers,

Dan

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:55 AM

Answers

• We use the Granfeldt FIM MRE to set the initial objectClasses for the Generic LDAP Agent.

https://github.com/sorengranfeldt/mre

You could ofcourse also write your own MVExtension, but for simpler scenarios the FIM MRE really is the way to go.

Another approach would be to populate a Multi value attribute in the Portal using a Custom Workflow (CWF) or the MIMWAL, and then flow this attribute to objectClass

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:47 AM

All replies

• We use the Granfeldt FIM MRE to set the initial objectClasses for the Generic LDAP Agent.

https://github.com/sorengranfeldt/mre

You could ofcourse also write your own MVExtension, but for simpler scenarios the FIM MRE really is the way to go.

Another approach would be to populate a Multi value attribute in the Portal using a Custom Workflow (CWF) or the MIMWAL, and then flow this attribute to objectClass

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Thanks Leo. I've added the MRE dll and just figuring out the logic for the xml. I find it staggering that MIM cant cater for this natively.

We’ve also just seen the bombshell that Microsoft and SailPoint have partnered. We're running a MIM POC at the moment so this has raised a huge question of whether we proceed.

Friday, February 17, 2017 1:57 AM
  • Get back to me if you don't get it working ;)

Yeah, the SailPoint / MSFT partnership is interesting. It appears as the focus is mainly on Azure AD (where all the focus is right now).

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:42 AM